4/10/08

Tama

Brushing up on my networking skills was one of the main goals I set for myself during my trip to New York. So I decided to interview employees of some the the city's most respected shops. The questions focus a little bit about personal views on the city's urban framework and their shop in general. Unfortunately I was only successful at Opening Ceremony, where I met Tama a young soft spoken creative who couldn't understand why I picked her for the interview. Here's what she had to say:



How did you find yourself being involved with Opening Ceremony?

A friend hooked me up with it.

Would you say the experience inside Opening Ceremony is based around the clothing itself or a specific idea?

The experience you get when walking in here is a little bit disorganized but everything is stimulating in the right way. There are a lot of different price ranges and designers that Carol Lim and Humberto Leon feel like would be fun.

From a peronal observation, what shape do you see Opening Ceremony taking in the future?

Its already pretty well known so I feel like it’s going to be more staple, not too much downtown specific. Originally, mostly people downtown knew about it and not so many living uptown.

Are you pursuing any creative endeavors at the moment?

I make jewelry.

Favourite culture related publication, print or web based?

You Tube.


--------------------
+Word? i-D magazine's 'The Couples' issue

No comments: