4/29/08

Covers.



A book's cover design is a major part in my decision every time I walk into a bookstore. To me a books cover should give the reader the initial mood and feeling of the story thats about to be embarked upon. When I picked up Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood without any prior knowledge of the story or even the author himself I felt that its cover gave a sense of perfection..From the colour choices and arrangement to the beautiful girl in the background it gave me the confidence to buy the book thinking, why would such amazing cover design be wasted on a uninteresting novel. Thank God I was right.

I finally decided to do some research on John Gall, the man credited for the novels design. Unsurprisingly, he has quite a few covers that really catch my eye. On a site simply called "Covers" John takes part in an interesting interview about his life and involvement with book cover design.

+COVERS

No comments: